What are the benefits of cutting polyurethane with laser?
- Clean and perfect cut edges - no reworking necessary
- No material fixation necessary – thanks to the vacuum table
- No cleaning of the knives necessary - no parts stick after cutting
- No tool wear so therefore consistently high cutting quality
- High degree of flexibility in the choice of contours – without any need for tool construction or changeover
What additional benefits do eurolaser CO₂ laser cutters offer?
Material information for the laser cutting of polyurethane:
Polyurethane (PUR) is a plastic or synthetic resin. Its properties make polyurethane a versatile material that is very durable, mould and mildew resistant and, depending on manufacture, hard and brittle or soft and flexible. The properties of PUR determine how it is used. For example, rigid foam is used in the shoe industry for the soles of shoes, for sponges for domestic use and for insulation purposes. Soft foam made of polyurethane is used, for example, for inlays in the packaging industry. Polyurethane is also used for foils and textiles, in particular for technical applications. Even for larger quantities laser cutting now constitutes a real alternative to conventional processing methods such as die and knife cutters (cutting plotters). More and more companies have come to recognize the benefits of high precision and virtually maintenance-free processing that the tool "laser" has to offer.