What are the advantages of laser cutting of cork?
- No chipping waste – thus, no cleaning of the machinery necessary
- Laser cutting of extremely fine and practically radius-free contours
- The cork material do not need to be clamped or fixed
- Less breakage and waste due to contactless laser cutting
- No tool wear – constantly high cutting quality
- Only low laser power is required for cutting of cork
What added value have eurolaser cutter for cutting of cork?
Material information for laser cutting and engraving of cork:
Cork is a cell layer harvested, for example, from the bark of the cork oak. This elastic, pliable and most especially fire-resistant material is used as a sealant in machines and other devices, as pin boards, floor covering, in wind instrument construction and as orthopaedic shoe inserts. As cork’s thermal conductivity is very low, it is also used as an insulating material. Due to its properties cork can be cut, engraved and marked easily. By means of the laser, a clear contrast with engravings will be created. The contactless processing makes laser cutting to an ideal separation process, as the cork sheet do not need to be fixed. In addition, there are no mechanical forces on the cork so that even the smallest contours can be cut precisely. When processing wood materials, there occurs a mild to strong oxidizing cutting edge during laser cutting. This means that a darkening cannot be avoided. By use of the correct choice of material, this effect can be minimised.