eurolaser took a closer look at this material. The material was tested in its own application centre with regard to the properties during laser processing.
Advantages of cutting DeliComp® with CO₂-lasers:
- No tool wear and thus, consistently high cutting quality
- Sealed cutting edges
- Very high precision and repeatability
- Clean, lint-free cutting edges
- Less efforts of clearance due to dust-free cutting
- No fabric distortion – due to contactless processing and without force
DeliComp® is, for instance, used as an insert in plastic injection molded parts or as laminate and is particularly applied in the automotive and construction sectors.
Typical areas of application include, among others, partial structural reinforcements, reinforcement in buildings, splinter protection in the automotive sector or as full-surface reinforcement of lightweight components with an additional laminated visible surface.
Advantages of using DeliComp®:
- Low energy consumption in thermoforming
- Reduction of processing steps
- Weight and cost reduction
- Constant ratio of fibre and matrix
- Flexible and simple shaping
- Increased tensile and shock resistance
- Improved breaking behaviour
- Constant dimensional stability and thickness
A detailed report on the laser cutting test of DeliComp® is available on request.