What advantages have laser cutting of fiberglass (glass fibre)?
- No fabric distortion due to contactless processing
- Precise laser cutting of very filigree details
- Less cleaning effort due to reduced dust development during cutting
- No tool wear – steady high cutting quality
- Processing in all directions – independent of fabric structure
What added value have eurolaser cutter for the textile processing?
Material information for the laser cutting of fiberglass (glass fibre):
Glass fibres are used for thermal and sound insulation, for woven textile fabrics and as glass fibre reinforced plastics. Although glass fibre reinforced plastics are very cost-effective, they are still a high quality fibre-plastic compound. One advantage of glass fibre as composites in combination with a compatible plastic matrix is its high breaking elongation and elastic energy absorption. Even in an aggressive environment, glass fibre reinforced plastic has excellent corrosion behaviour. This makes it a suitable material for containers in plant construction or for boat hulls as well. The laser cutting of textiles made of fiberglass will often used in the automotive industry in which a steady quality and high precision is needed.