What advantages have laser cutting of polystyrene?
- Clean and perfect cut edges – no post-processing necessary
- No material fixation – due to vacuum table
- No knife cleaning required – no sticking of the single parts after cutting
- No tool wear and thus, a constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contour – without tool preparation or tool changes
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter?
Polystyrene (PS) is mainly processed with laser systems in form of foils and thin plates or sheets. Applications are for example packaging made of thin foils, or the model making. It is also used in the advertising industry. As an example for this are resistant and especially light plates for signs or the exhibition stand construction (e.g. SMART-X®). The cutting with the laser happens contactless so that it is possible to cut filigree details. As the material does not need to be fixed, the whole plate or sheet, ultimate edges included, can be processed. Through the expandability of the eurolaser cutter with routers and knives, operators will achieve a very high flexibility in processing here.