What are the advantages of laser cutting of acrylic (Plexiglas®)?
- Crystal-clear, smooth cut edges in a single operation (no flame polishing necessary) – even in inner contours
- No need to clamp and fix of acrylic sheets
- Less breakage and waste through contactless laser cutting
- No acrylic chips – less contamination and reduced costs
- Practically radius-free cutting of inner contours in almost all acrylic glass
- Acrylic processing with protective film possible – no damage to the material
- No tool wear and thus, a constant high cutting quality
What added value have eurolaser cutter in acrylic processing?
Acrylic or polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) is a synthetic, glass look thermoplastic material which is thermoformable. This plastic is ideal for cutting and engraving with CO2 lasers. Most applications are the advertising industry as well as signage and labeling sector. The laser systems of eurolaser can process clear, colored, structured, mirrored and silicate-coated PMMA or Plexiglas®. It can be operated both extruded (XT) or cast (GS) PMMA with the laser. When using cast acrylic, you can achieve optimum cut edges and high-contrast engravings. In the contrary, extruded PMMA has less thickness tolerances and is usually cheaper in purchasing. The emerging PMMA vapors during the laser process are easily exhausted and filtered, if requested.
In our example we show the the crystal clear cut edges without post-processing by laser and the parallel use of the routing tool on the same system.
Breathtaking designs and lighting effects for product presentations or interior design can be achieved by engraving acrylic glass.
Different colours, properties and applications make acrylic a versatile material that can be completely processed with our systems.
Other applications for acrylic processing
- Sprue removal – Cutting of injection molding
- LED backlit signage – Laser cutting of acrylic glass and routing Dibond®
- Plexiglas® Resist - Laser cutting
- Model of the Eiffel Tower – Laser cutting of 3 mm Perspex®
- Face Shields - Laser cutting of plastics
- Laser cutting of thick acrylic from 20 mm
- True-to-contour cutting of printed acrylic
Acrylic is known under the following material terms:
Polymethyl methacrylate, PMMA, acrylic glass, CRYLUX™, CRYLON®, Perspex®, Plexiglas®, Altuglas®, Acrylite®, Setapan®, setacryl®, Lucryl®, Deglas®, Friacryl®, Hesa-Glas®, Limacryl®, Resarit®, Satin Glass®, Setasand®, Setaletter®, Plexiglas® resist
We will gladly advise you about cutting and engraving of acrylic or Plexiglas® to our laser systems and special options for PMMA processing.
or please call for your individual consulting!
+49 (0)4131 / 9697 - 500