Laser cutting and engraving of wood
eurolaser offers CO₂ laser cutter especially developed for wood panels
eurolaser systems are ideal for the cutting and engraving of wood. Especially with filigree details, the contactless laser processing is characterized. The unique combination of CO2 laser cutter and router on one single machine offers you an unprecedented flexibility in the processing of wood panels.
Well-known type of wood and similar material description:
Solid wood, natural wood, coniferous wood, hardwood, bamboo, balsa wood, mahogany, basswood, beech, poplar, birch, maple, Douglas fir, spruce, pine, fir, common beech, oak, ash, cherry, walnut, obeche, padouk, teak, veneer, plywood, laminated wood, MDF, multiplex
What are the advantages of laser cutting of wood?
- No chips – thus, no clearance of the machine area necessary
- Cutting of extremely fine, virtually radius-free contours
- No need to clamp and fix of panels
- Less breakage and waste through contactless laser cutting
- Burr-free cut edges – no post-processing necessary
- No tool wear and thus - constant high cutting quality
What added value have eurolaser cutter?
- Combined processing with router and CO2 laser possible on one machine
- Unique variety of table sizes – suitable for all standard panel formats
- Automation functions for optimal utilization of cutting systems
- Special table construction for optimal processing
- Excellent exhausting of emerging gases– Filtration possible
- Camera recognition for laser cutting of printed wood panels
- Large format engravings (also reliefs) over the entire processing area
Material information for laser cutting of wood:
Wood is used in diverse industries and is, due to its versatility, a very popular material. More and more, efficient CO2 laser technology is being used. The more homogeneous the wooden structures are, the more suitable is the material for laser cutting and engraving. Due to the thermal laser process, also features, such as moisture content, density, oil and resin content are influential variables for the quality and speed of the laser cut. When processing wood materials, there will occur a mild to strong oxidizing cut edge during laser processing. This means that a darkening cannot be avoided. Often these are heavily depending on the choice of wood and the water and resin content.
The basic rule is: The drier and resin-free the material is, the lighter will be the cut edge.
Applications for cutting and engraving of wood with eurolaser systems:
Compare the usual cutting methods for wood panels:
CO₂ laser, cnc router and saw »
We will gladly advise you about cutting and engraving of wood to our laser systems and special options for wood processing.
or please call for your individual consulting!