What are the benefits of cutting ABS with laser?
- Exact edges – no reworking necessary
- No clamping or fixing of the ABS sheets necessary
- Less breakage and waste because laser cutting is a contactless process
- No chippings – less soiling and less cleaning required
- High degree of flexibility in the choice of contours – without any need for tool construction or changeover
- No tool wear so therefore consistently high cut quality
What additional benefits do eurolaser CO₂ laser cutters have in the processing of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene?
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is a thermoplast created through the polymerization of the three monomers acrylonitrile, butadiene, and styrene. The plastic can be formed using either an injection molding process or an extruder. ABS is tough and is characterised in particular by its high impact resistance. ABS can be dyed easily and is therefore available in a diverse range of colours. Typical uses for this plastic are household and consumer products. But acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is also being used to an ever greater extent in the automobile, electrical and furniture industries. ABS can be recycled and used agein when melted down.