Benefits of cutting carbon nonwoven material with CO₂ lasers:
- Fused cut edges for multi-layer synthetic composites
- Fast processing speed
- No material fixation necessary – thanks to the vacuum table
- No tool wear – consistently high cutting quality
- High level of precision and repeat accuracy during laser cutting
Applications areas of carbon nonwoven material
- Fibre reinforcement for low-load components
- Shielding/covering material (for electromagnetic radiation)
- Volume building as high volume at lower weight
- Light construction for automobile and aerospace
- Corrosion protection for boat building
- Heating engineering
- Together with thermoplastic components (processing as organic sheets)
The processing tests at eurolaser indicate that carbon nonwoven material from Tenowo can be cut and engraved perfectly with our CO2 laser systems. Outstanding results can be achieved with our laser systems even with large material thicknesses of 9.1 mm. The tests were performed on our 400-watt XL-1600 laser system.
Upon request we will send you a detailed report of this carbon nonwoven material laser cutting test.