Laser cutting of polycarbonate
eurolaser offers laser cutter especially configurated for foils
The cutting of polycarbonate (also known as Lexan ® or Makrolon ®) with CO2 laser systems are characterised by high precision and flexibility. The varied offer of eurolaser is in particular suitable for the laser cutting of polycarbonate foils. With the parallel use of CO2 laser and knife bits on one machine, you can turn your eurolaser system into an universal cutter.
What are the advantages of laser cutting of polycarbonate?
- Clean and perfect cut edges – no post-processing necessary
- No material fixation required due to vacuum table
- No flaking of the material as is the case with punching due to contact-free and force-free processing
- No tool cleaning – no sticking of the single parts after cutting
- No tool wear and thus, a constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contour – without tool preparation or tool changes
What added value have eurolaser cutter?
Material information about laser cutting of polycarbonate:
Polycarbonate (PC) are thermoplastic polymers which are also known as Makrolon ®, Anjalon ® Lexan ® or Durolon ®. We are daily confronted with PC in the form of front foils for touch panels, indicating instruments or even colourfully printed front panels and speedometers. Foils made of this synthetic can be processed with the laser up to a material thickness of 3 mm. Especially the contactless processing through the laser beam and the therewith related smooth cutting as well as the high precision are crucial arguments for the usage of laser technology in processing of polycarbonate foils.
Applications for laser cutting of polycarbonate with eurolaser systems:
Compare the usual cutting methods for foils:
CO₂ laser, punch and knife cutter »
We are gladly advise you about laser cutting of polycarbonate, to our technology and special options for plastics processing.
or please call for your individual consulting!
+49 (0)4131 / 9697 - 500