Laser cutting of membrane keyboards
eurolaser offers CO₂ laser cutters developed especially for plastic foils
The cutting of membrane keyboards with CO2 laser systems is characterized by a high level of precision and flexibility. Thanks to the thermal laser process the cut edges of the foils are sealed in a single work step. The parallel use of CO2 lasers and knife inserts on one machine transforms your eurolaser system into a universal cutter.
What are the benefits of cutting membrane keyboards with laser?
- Clean and perfect cuts - no reworking of the foils necessary
- No material fixation necessary – thanks to the vacuum table
- No flaking of the material as is the case with punching – thanks to contactless and force-free processing
- No cleaning of the knives necessary - no parts stick after cutting
- No tool wear so therefore consistently high cutting quality
- High degree of flexibility in the choice of contours – without any need for tool construction or changeover
What additional benefits do eurolaser CO₂ laser cutters have for cutting foils?
Where are laser cut membrane keyboards used?
Membrane keyboards are used wherever rough environmental conditions make the use of normal keyboards impossible. They are for the most part resistant to humidity, very flexible and can be wiped clean. Laser cutters from eurolaser are ideally suited for cutting sensitive foils, like the ones used in the production of multi-layer membrane keyboards, for example. Laser cutting is a completely contactless process, so the plastic foils are not subjected to any mechanical stressing whatsoever. This allows the production of very filigree cuts. Parallel use of knives and laser on one laser system increases flexibility in foil processing even more.
Application examples for cutting membrane keyboards and PCBs with eurolaser CO₂ laser systems:
Compare the typical cutting processes for membrane keyboards: CO₂ laser, die cutter and knife cutter »
We would be glad to advise you on the topic of the laser cutting of keyboard foils, on our laser systems and special options for foil processing.
or please call for your individual consulting!
+49 (0)4131 / 9697 - 500