What are the advantages of laser cutting of veneer?
- No chipping – thus, no need to clean the processing area
- Cutting of extremely fine and almost radius-free contours
- No clamping and fixation of veneer necessary
- Less breakage and waste due to contactless laser cutting
- Burr-free cut edges – no post-processing necessary
- No tool wear – steadily high cutting quality
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter when cutting of wood?
Material information for laser cutting of wood veneer:
The term veneer refers to thin sheets of wood of 0.3 to 0.6 mm thickness. These are separated directly from the trunk by various slicing processes. The contactless laser cutting is an ideal separation process for the sensitive veneer. The vacuum at the processing table enables the flat positioning of the veneer and thus, it allows a high precision. Typical applications for laser cutting of veneer are high-quality furniture, decor elements in yachts or premium wood pictures. Through the increased use of decorative films in veneer look in the mass market, real wood veneer is now predominantly used for individual special designs or expensive products. Therefore, the high flexibility of the laser systems represents an ideal tool for veneer.