What advantages have laser engraving of stone, granite or marble?
- Contactless engraving – thus, no fixation of the material necessary
- Laser engraving happens without tool wear and tool change - in contrast to chiselling or routing
- No chipping waste – thus, no cleaning of the processing area necessary
- High level of repeatability with consistent engraving quality
- Laser engraving of images with high resolution of up to 1200 dpi
- High contrasts in particular for smooth, polished stone, marble or granite surfaces
What added value have eurolaser systems when engraving of stone, marble and granite plates?
Material information for laser engraving of stone, marble and granite plates:
Rock or stone is a naturally occurring solid aggregate of minerals. It includes stone types such as marble, granite or natural stone. When processed with CO2 lasers outstanding engraving results can be achieved on the surface of such stone. Smooth, polished and flat surfaces are ideally suitable for laser engraving and marking. Typical applications include floor and stair coverings, wall tiles and cladding panels. They are also used for work surfaces in kitchens, for sinks, gravestones or individual decorative articles. Through laser engraving it is possible to project ornaments, lettering, pictures or logos on polished areas or surfaces. Unfortunately, it is not possible to cut marble, granite or stone plates with our laser systems. However, small areas can be marked with our QuickMark.