What advantages have laser cutting of polyoxymethylene (POM)?
- Clean and perfect cutting edges – no post-processing required
- No material fixation necessary due to vacuum table
- No tool cleaning – no sticking of the single parts after cutting
- Very high precision during laser cutting of printed sheets
- No tool wear and thus, a constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contour choice – without tool preparation or tool changes
- Filigree details without material damages
- Clean cutting edges without post-processing
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter?
Material information about laser cutting of polyoxymethylene (POM):
Polyoxymethylene is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic resin which is often distributed under trading names, such as Delrin ® or Hostoform ®. These qualities make POM a suitable replacement for metallic materials in many cases. After processing with the CO2 laser, this plastic is used in mechanical engineering, automotive and vehicle manufacturing and furniture. Besides, POM is often used in electrical engineering and for packaging. Polyoxymethylene is mainly used in form of foils and thin plates or sheets for laser cutting.