Laser cutting of polyester
eurolaser offers laser cutter especially configurated for foils or textiles
The cutting of polyester with CO2 laser systems are characterised by high precision and flexibility. The varied system sizes of eurolaser are both suitable for large format textiles and for the exact cutting of foil sheets. With the parallel use of CO2 laser and knife bits on one machine, you turn your eurolaser system into an universal cutter.
What advantages have laser cutting of polyester?
- Clean and perfect cut edges – no post-processing necessary
- No material fixation required due to vacuum table
- No flaking of the material as is the case with punching due to contact-free and force-free processing
- No knife cleaning – no sticking of the single parts after cutting
- No tool wear and thus, a constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contour – without tool preparation or tool changes
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter?
Polyester is a synthetic plastic which will often be used for manufacturing of textiles or foils. Typical applications are membrane switches, front foils for touch panels, spacer foils, clothing textiles, filter material and spacer fabrics for upholstery. Especially the sector of technical textiles becomes more and more important, together with the search for effective and low-cost processing methods. By now, laser cutting represents also a real alternative to conventional processing methods for larger quantities, such as punching and knife cutter (cutting plotter). Very high precision and the almost maintenance-free tool ‘laser’ is now convincing more and more companies.