What are the advantages of laser cutting of plastic foils?
- Clean and perfect cuts – no rework necessary
- No fixing of material necessary due to vacuum table
- No flying up in shivers like in case of punching – due to contactless and forceless processing
- No cleaning of knives necessary – no sticking of parts after cutting
- No tool wear and thus, a constant high cutting quality
- High flexibility in choice of contours – without tool production or tool change
What added value have eurolaser cutter in plastic foils processing?
The trend clearly indicates that plastic films find their place in increasingly more areas of application. New materials and improving printing technology expand the range of these possibilities further. For the cutting, different methods are possible. The developments of recent years show that laser technology now represents a real competitor for conventional processing methods, such as punching and knife cutter (cutting plotter), also regarding larger quantities. Very high precision and the almost maintenance free tool ‘laser’ is now more and more convincing companies. Due to a vacuum table, the films are lying flat on the cutter table. Typical applications for laser cutting of plastics are labels, foil-based control panels (membrane switches), technical adhesive films, front panels (white goods), display protection foils and back-molded films in the automotive industry.