- Very high precision in the processing of micanite up to a thickness of 2 mm
- Contact-free cutting - no material fixation required
- 24/7 operation without loss of performance
- No tool creation or tool changes is necessary
- Direction change in the cut possible without traces
- No tool wear
What are the additional benefits of eurolaser CO2 laser cutters when cutting micanite?
Micanite, mica sheets for artificial mica is the name given to pressed mica mineral that has been specially developed with the highest requirements for thermal and electrical insulation behavior. Mica minerals are characterized, among other things, by a very high melting point (approx. 1250° C) and the resulting enormously good fire and heat resistance. As a non-conductive material, it is also suitable as an insulating material. For industrial use, the mica material is baked with a binder such as synthetic resin to the desired shape and thickness. The great characteristic of micanite is that it is both a good electrical insulator and at the same time a thermal conductor. In addition to its use in electronics, it can be used as a carrier for heating wires or in panel heating elements due to its very good thermal properties.