What are the advantages of cutting wool with lasers?
- Direct further processing, work step of trimming is not required.
- Contactless technology, no material distortion, no tool wear, no retooling times
- Odourless because of the unique Cut’n‘Protect Technology
- Flexible choice of contour
- Cutting can take place in all directions independently of the fabric structure
- No overcutting
- Zero positioning
- Accurate laying together of patterns
What are the additional benefits of eurolaser CO₂ laser cutters?
Material information for laser cutting of wool:
Wool is a natural raw material which is obtained from sheep, goats or rabbits, and is mainly converted into outer clothing. Because of its insulating effect, the material is perceived as warming. Wool also has a low density. It is possible to manufacture very light materials from wool. Wool also repels moisture and dirt. It is therefore extremely suitable for high-quality textiles, particularly outer clothing such as suits or jackets. The designation Super 150 on an item of clothing made from pure wool designates the fineness of the spun yarn. The higher the number, the finer the material. Super 150 means that 150 m of yarn weighs one gramme.
Pure wool and mixed fabric with a proportion of wool of at least 95% are recommended for laser cutting. The odours produced by laser cutting are minimised by the Cut’n‘Protect procedure.
We will be pleased to advise you on the subject of laser cutting of wool, on our laser systems and the components that are needed to process wool.
or please call for your individual consulting!
+49 (0)4131 / 9697 - 500