What advantages have laser cutting of fiberglass (glass fibre)?
- No fabric distortion due to contactless processing
- Precise laser cutting of very filigree details
- Less cleaning effort due to reduced dust development during cutting
- No tool wear – steady high cutting quality
- Processing in all directions – independent of fabric structure
What added value have eurolaser cutter for the textile processing?
Glass fibres are used for thermal and sound insulation, for woven textile fabrics and as glass fibre reinforced plastics. Although glass fibre reinforced plastics are very cost-effective, they are still a high quality fibre-plastic compound. One advantage of glass fibre as composites in combination with a compatible plastic matrix is its high breaking elongation and elastic energy absorption. Even in an aggressive environment, glass fibre reinforced plastic has excellent corrosion behaviour. This makes it a suitable material for containers in plant construction or for boat hulls as well. The laser cutting of textiles made of fiberglass will often used in the automotive industry in which a steady quality and high precision is needed.