What advantages have laser cutting of composite materials?
- Clear and perfect cuts – no post-processing necessary
- No material fixation necessary – due to vacuum table
- No material damages – due to contactless and stress-free processing
- No tool wear and thus, steady constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contours choices – without tool preparation or tool change
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter?
Material information for laser cutting of composite materials:
Composite materials are materials that are made of two or more materials that are joined together. Whereby composite materials have different material properties than those of the individual component materials. The material properties and the geometry of the component materials are important for the properties of composites. Size effects, in particular, often play an important role. Joining is effected by means of material closure or form closure or a combination of both. In this segment, technical textiles are typical materials which will be used for laser cutting. Due to the very wide range of different material combinations, it is only possible to mention the basic advantages of laser processing here. It is necessary to check out each application in advance in order to test the individual possibilities for laser cutting.