What advantages have laser engraving of ceramics and porcelain?
- No tool wear – no tool change necessary
- No chipping waste – Thus, no cleaning of the machinery area necessary
- Large format gravures over several work pieces possible
- Engravings with a resolution of up to 1200 dpi
- Different contrasts possible depending on the laser power
- Very high marking precision
What added value have eurolaser systems when engraving on porcelain and ceramics?
Material information about laser engraving and marking of ceramics and porcelain:
Ceramic is an inorganic, non-metallic solid deriving from clay. After the form-stable material has undergone the firing process it is primarily used in building components, domestic articles and art objects. Thanks to its stability, it is also often used as tool. Laser gravures or markings are used for the most part for the processing of things, such as crockery, figurines and tiles and further more. Wherever customisation is desired, the laser marking is a suitable method. Depending on the power of the CO2 laser, there are different contrasts. Ornaments, images and logos can be applied to the porcelain and ceramics surfaces by laser engraving. However, and unfortunately, our laser systems are not designed for cutting of porcelain or ceramics.