What advantages have laser engraving of anodized aluminium?
- Contactless engraving – thus, no fixation of the material necessary
- No tool wear and tool change
- The protective oxide layer is not pierced through
- High level of repeatability with consistent engraving quality
- Engraving of images with high resolution of up to 1200 dpi
- Only low laser powers necessary
What added value have eurolaser systems when engraving on anodized aluminium?
Anodized and coloured anodized aluminium are ideal for inscribing or marking with CO2 laser. In this process the very hard approx. 8 - 30 µm protective anodic coating is not completely removed. The image contrast is produced by means of the change of colour in the oxide coating and almost photographic qualities can be achieved with over 600 dpi and up to 250 different grey scales. Special lacquer coatings can also be used to apply durable high-contrast contours or pictures to metallic surfaces, for example. Typical fields of application include high-quality markings for type plates, barcodes, logos, serial numbers etc., although the advertising media sector is coming to rely increasingly on this technology as well.