What are the advantages of laser cutting of leather?
- Melding of cutting edges regarding synthetic leather
- No material deformation – through contactless laser cutting
- Precise cutting of very filigree details
- Less need for cleaning due to reduced dust formation when cutting
- No tool wear – constantly high cutting quality
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter when cutting of leather?
Material information for laser cutting of leather:
Natural leather and synthetic leather will be used in various sectors. Apart from shoes and clothing, there are especially accessories that will be made of leather. That is why this material plays a specific role for designers. Besides, leather will often be used in the furniture industry and for interiors fittings of vehicles. By using mechanic tools (plotter or knife-cutter), the cutting of resistant, tough leather causes heavy wear. As a result, the cutting quality decreases from time to time. The contactless laser cutting is here characterised by its advantages. Laser engravings produce some kind of embossing and enable fascinating haptic effects. Emerging flue gas emissions can be exhausting and filtering in the laser systems.