What are the advantages of laser cutting of paper, paperboard and cardboard?
- Cutting edges with none of the deformations that occur during punching, for example
- No tool wear – no loss of quality over time
- Cutting of extremely fine contours and practically radius-free inner edges
- Freely selectable contour profiles: particularly suited for customizing paper products
- Accurate sample or serial production direct from Design or CAD systems possible
- High cost efficiency when laser cutting: even small batch sizes or medium-scale serial production
- Cutting edges without deformations
- Just a low laser power is needed for the cutting of paper
What added value have eurolaser cutter in processing of paper, paperboard and cardboard?
Material information for laser cutting and engraving of paper, cardboard and paperboard:
An important application for paper, cardboard and paperboard are the advertising and packaging industries as well as the arts and crafts. Pattern creation, modelling, individualised or personalised products and design articles are becoming increasingly important and demand utmost flexibility in production. In addition, paper is increasingly be used for technical applications (e.g. paper for isolation). The usual paper-based materials are formed by compressing or bonding and are mainly made of wood pulp or recovered paper. They largely consist of organic fibers and can be laminated, printed or coated. Here, the laser represents an ideal cutting tool. Laser cutting is particularly suitable for filigree details and individualisations.