What advantages have laser cutting of composite materials?
- Clear and perfect cuts – no post-processing necessary
- No material fixation necessary – due to vacuum table
- No material damages – due to contactless and stress-free processing
- No tool wear and thus, steady constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contours choices – without tool preparation or tool change
What added value have eurolaser CO₂ laser cutter?
Material information for laser cutting of composite materials:
Composites are materials that are made of two or more materials joined together. In the process, the idea is to combine the application-specific benefits of the individual materials, while minimising any possible disadvantages in the final material. The typical goals of combining materials are to improve tensile strength, optimise weight, fire proof and simplify processes. Joining is effected by means of material or form closure or a combination of both. Typical examples from this segment in which laser cutting is used are the machining or processing of fibre composite materials made of glass, carbon, aramid and polyester. Due to the very wide range of different material combinations, it is only possible to mention the basic advantages of laser processing here. It is necessary to check out each application in advance in order to test the individual possibilities for laser cutting.