Model house made of 6 materials
The flexible all-in-one solution
Laser, with its high level of flexibility and fast processing capacity, is the perfect tool for producing architectural and miniature models. The first prototype is ready just as quickly as an exemplar from the finished series. What is more, the architect’s or designer’s CAD files can be exported to the laser system directly from the design software. The software is compatible with a large number of standard file formats such as AI, DXF, CDR, HPGL or EPS, for example.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Fast and flexible processing of many different materials on a single system
- Laser cutting and laser engraving in one operation
- Use of mechanical tools such as milling cutters and knives possible on the same system
- High degree of repeatability and fitting accuracy
- Engraving for simulation of realistic surface structures
- Contactless processing so no breakage, not even in the finest of details
- Significantly less material wastage in comparison with conventional methods
Many of the materials typically used in model making can be processed with the laser beam. Processing with laser ensures depth of detail and a realistic effect. The possibility of using other mechanical tools with the eurolaser system assures an even higher level of flexibility. Nine single parts and six different materials were used to produce this model. The base is made of Kapa ® and was cut by knife using the optional Zünd tool head Tz-P with the POT (Pneumatic Oscillating Tool) insert.
The model was designed completely as a plug-in system whose high level of accuracy makes gluing unnecessary. The side parts are made of acrylic, plywood, MDF and polystyrene. Fantastic effects and interesting details were achieved thanks to the filigree cuts and engraving of the laser. The roof is made of coloured photo mounting board in which the patterns of the roof tiles were engraved. All the parts of the model kit were cut and engraved using eurolaser laser systems.