What added value have laser cutting of polyethylene?
- Clean and perfect cut edges – no post-processing necessary
- No material fixation required – due to vacuum table
- Melted cut edges regarding multi-layer foils
- No flaking of the material as is the case with punching due to contact-free and force-free processing
- No knife cleaning – no sticking of the single parts after cutting
- No tool wear and thus, a constantly high cutting quality
- High flexibility in contour – without tool preparation or tool changes
What added value have eurolaser cutter?
Material information for laser cutting of polyethylene:
Polyethylene (PE) is a classic thermoplastic resin with a waxy, soft surface. This material is used in various forms, mostly as foils or foam, for industrial use. Typical areas of application for PE foils include mechanical engineering, packaging industry, display protective films and membrane switches. Especially the contactless processing through the laser beam and the therewith related distortion-free cutting as well as the high precision are crucial arguments for the usage of laser technology in the processing of polyethylene foils.