eurolaser has taken a closer look at this material. The properties of the different variants during laser processing were tested in eurolaser’s own application lab.
Benefits of cutting PERSPEX® with CO₂ lasers:
- Smooth, crystal-clear cut edges in one operation (no flame polishing necessary) – even for inner contours.
- No clamping or fixing of the acrylic sheets necessary
- Less breakage and waste as laser cutting is a contactless process
- No acrylic chippings – less waste and less cleaning required
- Practically radius free laser cutting of inner contours for virtually all acrylic sheet thicknesses
- Processing of acrylic glass with protective foil possible – with no material damage
- No tool wear, producing a constantly high quality cut
PERSPEX® CC is the ideal material for applications which require excellent optical clarity, surface quality and exceptional thickness tolerance.
Advantages of PERSPEX® CC compared to PERSPEX® XT:
- Better laser processing performance with insignificant melting lip
- Uniform shrinkage in length and width when heated
- Optimum sheet flatness even in thin thicknesses
- Better resistance against chemical and/or mechanical stresses
eurolaser has tested the following Perspex® materials from 3A Composites for their laser cutting ability:
PERSPEX® XT Opaque 10mm
Suitability for laser cutting: excellent suitable