eurolaser has now taken a closer look at this material. Its properties during laser processing were tested in eurolaser’s own application lab.
Benefits of cutting CRYLUX® with CO₂ lasers:
- Smooth, crystal-clear cut edges in one operation (no flame polishing necessary) – even in inner contours.
- No clamping or fixing of the acrylic sheets necessary
- Less breakage and waste because laser cutting is a contactless process
- No acrylic chippings – less soiling and less cleaning required
- Practically radius free laser cutting of inner contours for virtually all acrylic glass thicknesses
- Processing of acrylic glass with protective foil possible – without any material damage
- No tool wear so therefore consistently high cut quality
The material was tested in the eurolaser application laboratory in thicknesses of 10 mm, 15 mm and 20 mm. The processing tests indicate that CRYLUX® can be cut and engraved perfectly with our CO2 laser systems. Outstanding results can be achieved with our laser systems even with large material thicknesses (e.g. 20 mm). The CRYLUX® was cut with the same parameters we already use for acrylic processing, so no, or rather hardly any, changes to the process are necessary when using this material.
On request, we will send you a detailed report of this CRYLUX® laser cutting test.