eurolaser has taken a closer look at CRYLON®. The material was tested in our in-house application center with regard to its properties during laser processing.
Benefits of cutting Altuglas PMMA with CO₂ lasers:
- Brilliant, smooth cut edges especially on the inner contours
- Laser cutting is also possible without clamping or fixing
- No acrylic chips - less cleaning effort due to less dirt
- Radius-free laser cutting of the inner contours with thick acrylic
- No tool wear
- Consistently high cutting quality
- Cutting and engraving are possible in one operation
Properties of CRYLON®:
- Transparency with a brilliant look
- Free of toxic substances or heavy metals
- Easy recycling possible
- Easy processing
- Can be used in contact with food
- Very good weather resistance
Area of application of CRYLON®:
Due to its unique material properties, CRYLON® finds numerous areas of application in industry. It is used, for example for construction elements and is the basis for skylights, partition walls, the glazing of doors and gates or light diffusion panels. In the advertising industry, POS / POP displays are made from CRYLON®, but the material is also suitable for lettering, cladding or signs. Last but not least, mechanical engineering components such as housing and machine covers and numerous other applications such as containers or solariums (special UV-permeable variants required) are available for special areas of application. New creative areas of application for CRYLON® regularly emerge, so that the material can continue to be used in many industries.
eurolaser processing test
In the eurolaser application laboratory, the PMMA material was tested in thicknesses of 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 8 mm and 10 mm. The processing tests have shown that CRYLON® can be perfectly cut and engraved with our CO2 laser systems. CRYLON® was cut with the same parameters known to us for acrylic processing, so hardly any adjustments in the process are necessary. Even white Crylon® can be processed without any residue by eurolaser.