eurolaser has taken a closer look at this material. The material was tested in terms of ist properties during laser processing in its own application laboratory.
- No tool wear and therefore consistently high cutting quality
- Sealed cut edges - no more edging necessary
- Permanent laser engraving for fine product identification (e.g. serial number, documentation)
- Laser cutting and engraving in one operation
- Smooth, lint-free cut edges
- Less cleaning effort due to dust-free cutting
- Automated processing directly from the material roll
- No material fixation required as it is non-contact and force-free processing
- Laser cutting of extremely fine, almost radius-free contours
Due to its properties, Cordura® is mainly used for personal protective Equipment (PPE) and protective clothing. The possible uses range from work trousers and motorcycle clothing to use by security services, police or even military purposes. Cordura® is also increasingly used in the leisure industry (e.g. air-soft, paintball or trampolines). Depending on requirements, there are different variants of Cordura® in order to provide the right material properties for every need.
Advantages of Cordura®:
- Anti-stab and bullet protection effect
- Resistant to environmental influences - usable in all climate zones
- High temperature and humidity resistance
- High stability and tear resistance
- Can be colored and printed
A detailed Report on the Cordura® laser cutting test is available on request.