- No chippings – so no cleaning of area around the machine necessary
- Laser cutting of extremely fine, virtually radius-free contours
- No clamping or fixing of the wooden panels necessary
- Less breakage and waste because laser cutting is a contactless process
- No tool wear – consistently high cutting quality
- High level of precision and repeat accuracy during laser cutting
Properties of BALTEK® SB.100
- Very high specific stiffness and rigidity
- Good reaction to fire
- Ecological product
- Seamless traceability and high-quality wood through strict process controls
- Very wide operating temperature range from -212°C to +163°C
- Excellent fatigue and impact resistance
- Good sound absorption and thermal insulation
- Excellent chemical resistance
BALTEK® SB.100 is used in many different areas as core material with a sandwich structure. For example, it is installed in bulkhead partitions in the maritime and aviation industries. In wind turbines, the balsa core material can be found in the rotor blades, whereas it is used for housing, for example, in industrial components.
The processing tests at eurolaser demonstrated that BALTEK® SB.100 can be cut and engraved perfectly with our CO2 laser systems. Outstanding results can be achieved with our laser systems even with a material thicknesses of 25.5 mm. The tests were carried out on our XL-1600 laser system with 400 Watt.
On request we will send you a detailed report of the BALTEK® SB.100 laser cutting test.