What are the benefits of laser cutting in plastic processing?
- Laser cutting of extremely fine, virtually radius-free contours
- No clamping or fixing of the workpieces necessary
- Less breakage and waste because laser cutting is a contactless process
- Burr-free edges – no reworking
- No chippings – so no cleaning of area around the machine necessary
- No tool wear – consistently high cutting quality
What are the additional benefits of eurolaser CO2 laser cutters in plastic processing?
What are CO2 laser systems used for in plastic processing?
One of the core markets for the laser systems is companies processing acrylics who, in many cases, manufacture displays, labels and lettering. An even bigger market is that of cutting plastic foils. The automobile industry, front panels for household appliances and keyboard foils all play a leading role here. Another trend in the use of laser cutting systems has been identified over the past few years. The textile market is developing exceptionally strongly. This includes technical materials such as filtermediums, through to plush fabric for the toy industry.