What are the advantages of the laser when cutting personal protective equipment?
- Reduction of costs - thanks to sealed cut edges, no more trimming is necessary
- Dust-free cutting - less cleaning effort
- Automated processing straight from the roll
- No material fixation required due to contact-free and force-free processing
- Fast and efficient cutting regardless of the fabric structure
- Laser cutting and engraving in a single operation
- No tool wear - no loss of quality
- Laser cutting of extremely fine, virtually radius-free contours
- Significant potential for cost saving for high quality raw materials thanks to the nesting function
What are the additional benefits of eurolaser CO₂ laser cutters?
What are CO₂ laser systems used for in the field of personal protective equipment?
Your own safety is the top priority in all actions. It is therefore important to pay attention to quality and precision when manufacturing protective clothing. eurolaser combines all important criteria in its CO2 laser systems. Thanks to stress-free material feeding and contactless processing, precise and filigree cuts are no longer a thing of the past. Working steps in further processing (e.g. edging) are omitted due to the thermal laser cutting. Thanks to our optical detection system, even printed materials can be cut without any problems.
Typical laser-cut products are: protective vests, splinter protection, cut and stab protection, flame protection, fragment protection, head protection, ballistic shields, but also protective work clothing. Furthermore, our laser systems are used for cutting leisure sports clothing (e.g. paintball, air soft).
Application examples of the eurolaser CO₂ laser systems:
- Protective vests – Laser cutting of aramid fabrics
- Velcro – Cutting of fine contours
- Face Shields - Laser cutting of plastics
- Thermoplastic prepregs - laser cutting of composite-fabric
- Heat protection - laser cutting from Deliflame®