What are the benefits of cutting filter mats with laser?
- Clean and perfect cut edges - no reworking of the filter necessary
- No tool wear – consistently high cutting quality
- High degree of flexibility in the choice of contours – without any need for tool construction or changeover
- Contactless laser cutting of folded filters
- Less cleaning required due to reduced dust formation during cutting
- Extremely high level of precision and repeatability accuracy during cutting
- Machining in all directions – regardless of the textile structure
What additional benefits do eurolaser CO₂ laser cutters have for cutting technical textiles?
Material information for laser cutting of filters:
Modern filters are part of processes for separating or cleaning materials. These processes are often divided into gas, solid matter and liquid filtration. The materials used to produce the filters depend on their intended use. Typical basic materials include textile fabric, paper and even metal. Filters made of technical textiles are usually used for laser cutting. Cutting such fabrics with conventional methods, such as die cutting or use of a CNC plotter, are time-consuming and require the use of forces to separate the filter material. They are also dust and cost intensive, because the cut edges often fray so that an additional edge has to be taken into the equation from the outset. The tools become blunt over time and have to be replaced which, of course, means more time and expense. Depending on the method used, the tools (cutting die) has to be produced in advance, which is where the use of laser for cutting scores due to its flexibility. The contour can be chosen freely and can be adapted in a matter of seconds.