What are the benefits of cutting polypropylene with laser?
- Clean and perfect cut edges - no reworking necessary
- No material fixation necessary – thanks to the vacuum table
- No cleaning of the knives necessary - no parts stick after cutting
- No tool wear so therefore consistently high cutting quality
- High degree of flexibility in the choice of contours – without any need for tool construction or changeover
What additional benefits do eurolaser CO2 laser cutters offer?
Material information for the laser cutting of polypropylene:
Polypropylene (PP) is harder, more rigid and more solid than polyethylene. It is one of the most popular materials for products of everyday use. Technical textiles and foils, filter inserts or padding for furniture and car seats are made of polypropylene. This material can be cut extremely well with laser. The cut edges are always burr-free and of the highest quality. In particular the contactless process enabled by the laser beam and the accompanying distortion-free cutting plus the high degree of precision are all decisive arguments in favor of the use of laser technology for processing polypropylene.