Finest colour engravings on metal
Even metal surfaces can now be engraved and marked with CO2 lasers thanks to a simple process.
Typical fields of application include:
- Logos on products
- Design decorations
- Barcodes, serial numbers, …
- Product labels, type plates, …
- Quality marking of components
Unique, where fast, exact and flexible solutions are concerned.
- High resolution - filigree
- Durable – hard wearing
- High contrast - coloured
- Scratch proof - extremely resistant
A genius process for excellent laser markings.
The simple colour-oxidation process can be carried out in just a few work steps and can be used with such metals as aluminium, chrome steel, stainless steel, gold and other metallic materials.
Silicon oxides bond colour pigments with the metal surface permanently by means of oxidation. The extremely accurate and intensive laser energy triggers a thermal reaction in a fraction of a millisecond. Some of the special substrates that are applied before engraving are offered in different colours. The process is similar to that of enamelling – the difference is that the laser-assisted marking process is significantly faster.
This method allows the particularly filigree inscription or marking of a large number of different materials:
- Stainless steel, chrome steel, nickel steel
- Galvanically coated steel
- Brass, copper, silver
- Aluminium, anodised aluminium
- Glass, ceramic, porcelain
Processing steps for the colour-oxidation process:
- Clean and degrease the surfaces to be inscribed
- Apply the substrate evenly (spray bottle)
- Dry for a few minutes
- Process with CO2 laser
- Simply remove any remaining substrate with water